terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

TAR Update Ver 7.5 (Or The One With A Ton of Stupidity)

"You got out of your commitment to the Army by becoming a POW."

Boggle! Run, Ron! Run as far away from the airhead next to you as fast as you can!

***

"They're stupid," says the one who asks later, "What's a gnome?"

Ah, sweet, sweet hubris.

***

"We're looking for a man with scales. Big ones."

Right, granny. CBS managed to get Neptune to put in a guest appearance on the show.

***

While we're on the subject of stupidity, here's something for the season. I sent this email not too many minutes ago:

To whom it may concern,

I'm TRYING to file my father's income tax for him via e-filing, but your website seems to insist that my ALL THREE of my web browsers (IE 5.2, Safari 1.3 AND Firefox 1.0) do not have Java enabled. Which is strange because I have several windows open at this time which happen to be RUNNING Java quite fine.

Your FAQs do NOT help, especially in this case. And having a helpline that only works DURING office hours certainly does not help - especially since it's ALWAYS busy during office hours. Or it could be that your customer service officers always hang up on me, because I do get disconnected from time to time.

So, I WOULD APPRECIATE it if someone could get back to me before the end of this week. Otherwise, if the IRAS chooses to prosecute my father for missing the filing deadline, I will point whichever authority to this email that I have sent tonight.

Thank you.


And in response, I got this in return:

This is an automated reply :

We have received your email. For emails on matters relating to e-Services Authorisation System (EASY) or myTax Portal, we will respond to you within 3 working days.

Thank you.


"Three working days"? Why do I get the feeling my father's going to jail?

Am I surprised? This is the same place that I've been calling to cancel my GIRO arrangement for the monthly income tax deductions from my bank account for the last two weeks without success.

After all, this:


A familiar sight...
Originally uploaded by Terz.

is the webpage I'm getting the most viewings of...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM, April 28, 2005, Blogger Wes & Jo said…

    IRAS doesn't support Macs.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, April 28, 2005, Blogger Terz said…

    That can't be right... I filed my income tax on my Mac already. That's why it's been so frustrating when I was filing for the pater.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, April 28, 2005, Blogger  said…

    i'm having same problems. sent email and got automated reply. they lie - never got back to me even long after *3* days.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, April 28, 2005, Blogger Terz said…

    Well, finally managed to do it after a night of trying. Just hit 'refresh' many, many, many times. And because the server logs in the error whenever it happens, they probably have a lovely backlog to go through now.

    Sweet revenge.

     
  • At 6:34 AM, April 29, 2005, Blogger  said…

    i used *ahem* NAB's *ahem* non-mac laptop

     

Post a Comment

<< Home