terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Monday, September 19, 2005

I really...

... don't like being sick.

In between taking all kinds of medication for the fever and phlegmy throat, all I've been doing is to be completely unproductive all weekend.

Damn bug better pass soon. If I don't like being sick, I'd really detest being sick in Meulaboh this weekend.

***

In other news, I really detest...

1. People who use the taxi bay to drop off passengers. Even when there are two available at the MRT station for drop-offs.


Bay 1
Originally uploaded by Terz.


Especially when you don't try to get out of the bay quickly and you hold up traffic in two lanes. I detest you even more when, in doing so, you change the minds of two taxi drivers trying to filter into the taxi bay and, because they are a little more considerate and do not wish to hold up traffic any further, all they can do is to look at us helplessly as they drive away:


Bay 2
Originally uploaded by Terz.


So, thank you green Peugeot, SFL359G. I remember you clearly because of The Alpha Course sticker on your rear windscreen. Well done. Shining example you are.

2. People who stay in the taxi queue even after they've called for a cab.


Callers
Originally uploaded by Terz.


The woman doth cover her nose and mouth because I was pretending to be coughing, while my thumb was firmly on the 'shoot' button. The woman doth also call for taxis and stay in the line to wait, maybe another cab will come by sooner than the cab I called...

3. People who spend way too much time at an ATM.


ATM
Originally uploaded by Terz.


This line was there when I arrived at the MRT station. This line was there when I went to top-off my EZ Link card. This line was still there when I finally joined it. After moron in red left, everyone else cleared the line within two minutes.

4. Queue-jumpers.

[Sorry, image not available]

Especially those who wander up to the head of the line and pretend like it's the most natural thing in the world. And then remain there despite the dirty looks from all the way down the line.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home