terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This will be the penultimate entry on this blog. There really isn't a reason to continue any more now that life's taken a different turn for me. Consider this everything I could have, and should have, said before everything became different.


Thank you. Thank you for being my best friend for the last eight years, seven and a half of which was the happiest I've been in a long time. Thank you for being my lover and my confidante. Thank you for being there when I needed you; through the difficult decision to quit teaching, through the dark days after I returned from Meulaboh. Thank you for having loved me when I've already admitted I won't be the easiest person to be with.


I will move on. I will take only what I need from this flat I thought would be our home for a long time. Anything else, you may wish to do whatever you want with them. It will probably take me a few trips to move what I need out. But I do have a clear idea what I'll need, and what I don't want any more. Unfortunately, because it'll take me a while to find a new place, I cannot make changes to the mailing address at ACRA yet, so most of my cheques will still come here. I hope you will keep them at a spot where I can just pick them up.


I don't know where I'll go. But I do know that I'll still be in photography. So, that'll be the circle I will be running in.


Take care of the mooch. Perhaps now, when it's just you, he won't attack you for no reason. He's too cute to be given away and has been great company to me on the nights when you were at work or at meetings, aggravating sometimes though he may be.


I will remember the great times we've had and the bad too, for those are the times I learn from my mistakes. I still don't know what's happened between us, but as I've said: I will do whatever makes you happy, and if that means you do not wish to be with me anymore, I can accept that.


Once again, I'm sorry things couldn't work between us. I still dream of that apartment in English Bay. But it seems like a lifetime away now.


But you've got to know what you want in life too. I don't want to hear that you're unhappy because it's still the one thing that escapes you.


So that's it. I wish you happiness. I wish you well. I wish you the achievement of your dreams.


Goodbye.