terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Lessons

Just come back from meeting the P and I've a clearer idea of what I'm expected to do at the college. There'll be a meeting this afternoon with the visuals people who'll set the creative direction for the images I will be taking. In the meantime, I'll continue to sub for the teachers who are away.

Short, sporadic bursts.

I'll only be there until the end of term. Which is good enough. Besides, relief teachers need only to give one minute's notice if they're quitting... which suits me just fine.

Now, it's a matter of taking the rest of the morning off before I go and run some errands. Crumpler bag, here I come!

***

Lessons learnt (or more reasons why I want to leave this place) since the last entry:

1. That, despite having two new taxi companies in Singapore, it is still quite difficult to get a taxi to stop anywhere in town and go where you want it to. There were far too many taxis with the "On Call" sign on and it wasn't even 2330 hours yet. Again I ask, this is a world-class system?

2. That idiot drivers in Singapore would rather speed up and horn loudly than to allow some poor sap (who, granted, did signal late) to filter into their lanes.

3. That it's usually the drivers of marquee cars that do the most horning.

4. That if you're grossly overweight to such an extent that there is enough overhang when you button up your jeans that a colony of fruit bats could nest in its shadow without fear of bright lights, you probably shouldn't be wearing a tube top that exposes your chunky shoulders and midriff (maybe that's unintentional). Yeesh. I'm glad I only had a Caesar's salad for dinner last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home