terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Planning to Fail

To whom it may concern:

I'm writing this to the person (or persons, because it generally takes more than one needle-necked, pencil-pusher to fuck up) who is in charge of the scheduling of contractor works in HDB estates: you suck.

I mean, you are really, really, really bad at what you do.

Yesterday I woke up to several gaping holes in my corridor because someone had scheduled the replacement of the rainwater drainage pipes in my cozy little estate. Not a problem.

Not the problem.

The problem is that the replacement of said pipes took place after the sixteen blocks in the estate were given a new coat of paint (which happened between November and March this year). And after we had new floors put in.

Now we have pipes that are severals shades lighter than the paint around them. We have gouges in the paintwork because the workers were less than gentle with the walls, probably because damaging something that someone else's work 'is not their problem.' And the floors look terrible from the rush job on the cement and mortar because, again, making things look good probably isn't the workers' problem as well.

What I want to know is, how the hell did you fuck up so bad?

And, is this something I'm going to the Cut Waste Committee about? Especially if I see another army of painters coming to my side of the island to cover up your mistake.

Or is this what's making our economy grow so that you can say you've earned your additional half-month's pay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home