terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Now... Spit!

It's generally not a good thing when, while you're talking to a neighbour at a nearby coffee shop, someone at the next table is responsible for this:


Spit
Originally uploaded by Terz.

What's that, you ask?

Spit. Disgusting, disease-causing spit.

And lots of it.


Spitter
Originally uploaded by Terz.

In fact, in the hour and a half that I sat there catching up with Zeus, dude (in blue) turned and let one go on an average of one every three minutes.

Most of the time the spittle landed in the drain, sure, but most of it just landed where he didn't bother to aim: which was the road next to our tables.

Not fun at all.

I know it's been two years since SARS was the hot topic in sunny Singapore, but seriously, I would've thought people would have learnt from that whole sorry episode by now - that is, unless some people have been trapped under a rock somewhere and couldn't possibly know the kinds of problems shit like this causes.

And the missus and I were worried about hygiene problems posed by people's pets in a place selling food to people?

Some people are just worse animals...

***

In the meantime, Zeus and I agreed that we would be responsible for publishing each other's blogs and making known otherwise secret identities should anything unfortunate happen to us.

Just so there's no confusion.

***

And in other news: I'm rather excited by a photo assignment I'm going on next week. Sure, I'll miss the housewarming party of a couple of cool dudes, but it'll be worth it.

Ask me why when you see me.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home