terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Please be specific

Conversation with the taxi booking operator:

"Hello, you want taxi now?"

"Yes, please."

"Where is the pick-up location?"

"I'll be waiting at the junction of Liang Seah Street and Beach Road."

"Can you be more specific?"

"Huh?"

"Where will you be? I need to pinpoint your location for the driver."

"..."

Pinpoint?

What are you looking for? I'd already said I'm at the junction of Liang Seah Street and Beach Road; how many of those places can there be? I may not like most cab drivers (though, to be honest, I kinda liked tonight's... he was cool the whole way home - good driver too), but even I have to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes down to finding a street corner where the names of both streets are given.

"I'm at about bearing 225, 25 metres, from the nearest corner of Shaw Centre, 45, 10 metres, from the letter 'K' on the signboard from Kim's Place and about 135, 250 metres, from The Gateway, standing at the eastern kerb of Liang Seah Street, about ten metres away from the western kerb, but I'll keep my eyes open for the cab driver when he comes east down Beach Road..."

What?

Too snarky?

***

In other news, Ink is now a fixture in the living room and refusing to sleep in the bathroom anymore. I fear the time to snip off his privates may not come too soon.

On the other hand, we think he may be 4-5 months old instead of the 3 months we were told. So the cut-off date (hyuk!) may come sooner than expected.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home