terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Recce Day


Mobile Fool 1
Originally uploaded by Terz.

You'd think that with all the hands-free sets out there, and the availability of bluetooth sets - some with enough funky flashing blue lights to give even a closet beng heavy wet dreams - people would learn to drive without having to resort to actually holding the mobile phone to their ear.

I first spotted this dude on the CTE when he tried to cut into the sliproad for the Braddell Road off-ramp (from the second lane, I'll add) between my cab and the lorry in front of us - when we were barely two metres apart. Of course he didn't make it, and when he overtook us later, he was still on the phone.

So. Here's my 12 megapixel revenge upon perpetrators of stupidity.


Mobile Fool 2
Originally uploaded by Terz.

I think he might have noticed me right at the end. Har.

***

Sometimes an accidental tap on the shutter button yields interesting shots:


Serendipity
Originally uploaded by Terz.



***

Then on the way back home for a rest before I leave for my afternoon class, I spotted these retiree-looking types sitting by the intersection of the Eunos PIE off-ramp doing what appears to be vehicle counting.


Strange Work
Originally uploaded by Terz.

Ah, the beauty of growing old in this country. We end up working at McDonald's (where, in other countries, is the happy hunting ground of teens looking to supplement their allowances), as security guards, and now, as it appears, vehicle counters under the open, uncertain sky.

***

And this is an amazing photo series.

Fuckin' awesome.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home