terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Friday, March 24, 2006

"Three years..."

"... and I didn't use the flash that many times," said I.

So, this was just about the worst 24 hours in my life:

1. There was the lunch that took forever to come. Had to go down to Objectifs today so that Emme and I could make our way down to the school where I was going to be teaching photography. Usually these guys are pretty reliable where I went to have lunch: the kick-ass wanton noodles comes within 5 minutes of ordering. Today, though, it was a fifteen-minute wait and even when the waitress came by to ask me if I wanted a drink and then asked if I'd ordered, nothing my way came. 25 minutes.

And I was gonna be late for class.

So I upped and left. Told the guy who took my order about it though... Least I could do; and the noodles are worth going back there for in the future.


2. Then there was the problem with a cat who spent the whole of the previous in the bathroom because both the missus and I were out the whole night.

Antsy much...

And destructive. He's discovered he can get a reaction out of me by jumping at the TV screen.

I'm too old for this.


3. But that which started it: last night at Walas...

No, nothing wrong with the band, they were rockin' as usual.

Nothing wrong with the company I had: couple of first timers and the usual group was there. Spent most of the night talking about WOW, and the cat, and photography. Good shit.

Problem was the idiots at the next table. Whole fuckin' bunch of arty wannabes or some shit like that. They spent the whole night playing with their oh-so-fucking-cool Lomo cameras - this and this - at least the latter didn't irritate the hell out of us with the flash. The colour splash, though, was used indiscriminately, all. Fucking. Night.

They went on despite the missus telling them off about halfway through the night. Apparently these twats are a bit like my puppy who used to eat his shit even though I'd be yelling at him not too.

Then there was the whole rubbing up against me. You know, I wouldn't have minded if these 'women' were halfway attractive. But looking like they did, it was all I could do not to throw up the beer that's just settled about my stomach already queasy from having too much KFC for dinner.

Even the guys got in on the whole rubbing thing.

Puke-worthy much.

The best thing? They were shooting the Lomos through the viewfinders.

Boggle.

Fucking wannabes.

***

Had a couple of good classes though... so I'm happy about it.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:24 AM, March 25, 2006, Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said…

    So ugly even beer goggles cannot help?? eeyur...

     
  • At 12:44 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger  said…

    i like both the lomo and holga, as you know. but they are like such last century's news...

    and yucks. flash. they would have gotten hell from me, especially using it continuously in a bar. i'm surprised the band didn't give them hell.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger Terz said…

    LMD - No man... they would probably look better after beer and vodka/whiskey/brandy/moonshine goggles. But not by much. What was funny was how outraged they looked when they realised they were rubbing up against me. Hyeah, like I'd ever get a reaction out of them.

    儒 - Wished you were there. Then maybe they would have stopped after you yelled at them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home