terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Monday, May 24, 2004

Ads

One dumb, one not so.

On my way home from running a couple of errands today, I saw this ad on one of the panels of the MRT train:

Your workplace is the best place to:

Make friends
Learn to cope with stress
Be fitter
Eat healthier
Quit smoking


This, from the wonderfully out-of-it people with the Health Promotion Board.

What the hell are they smoking in that place? Apart from the first point (which pushes it already), how is the workplace the best place to do all those things? Quit smoking? Shee-yeah, I almost started again because of teaching. And fitter? Eating healthier? Not where I was. Too many meetings, not enough time to do anything else.

And stress? Sure, we learn to cope with it. But it was ne'er-ending.

***

Then, I got home just in time to watch the trailer for Spiderman 2 on AXN.

Drool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home