terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Calm

In the five days since I’d last blogged:

I’d finished the primary photography for the college.

8 weeks.

48 taxi receipts.

5.6 GB of photographs.

17 CD-Rs.

And an estimated 380 man hours on the job and on Photoshop.


Wish I had the energy to turn this into some MasterCard ad, but still too damned tired. I'll just say: Mission accomplished.

***

I’d finished the programme for concert that the Modern Dance Club of the JC is putting up next Saturday. Two weeks, some Photoshop additions of halter-tops and spaghetti straps to the shoulders of some of the girls and plenty of emails and SMSes later, it’s finally completed.

Update: Just got an SMS stating that there are changes to be made to the programme. Doh!

***

Played soccer for the first time since my back gave out two years ago. Scored a beauty on the move that was sandwiched by a volley that went just wide and a header that hit the bar. Pity it was disallowed.

***

Suffered from a possible concussion in the same game when I went for the header and got head instead. When I saw the doctor, just in case, he gave me a head injury advice chit that listed, among other things, symptoms that included:

1. confusion or irritability;
2. drowsiness or difficult to rouse;
3. severe or progressive headache;
4. blurred or double vision;
5. persistent vomiting;
6. dizziness;
7. any form of muscle weakness;
8. slurring or loss of speech;
9. has a fit or seizure.


Hmmm.

Describes me on most Friday nights after my fourth pint of Guinness.

Have a bump on the forehead to show for it. Otherwise, I’m supposed to be fine.

***

Took my first $20 taxi ride in Singapore, from The Adelphi back to the college. On any day, it would have cost only $8.

Those surcharges do add up after a while.

***

Caught up on my reading. Have now finished with all the books that I'd ordered from Amazon.

Now to go book shopping again.

***

Watched the Flames and Lightning duke it out for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Live. On ESPN.

All I need is for both teams to win at least two, then I'll be guaranteed a Game 6 and/or 7 while I'm in Canada.

Live. On CBC.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, May 30, 2004, Blogger * min said…

    i'm sorry we're a troublesome lot? -weak grin- thank you for all you've done, really!! :)

     
  • At 2:22 PM, May 31, 2004, Blogger Terz said…

    Ah, don't worry. Sometimes I like to gripe.

    What am I saying? I gripe all the time. But don't worry about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home