terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Flexi-pain

One of the things people never talk about when they crow about flexi-hours is, when after they've crawled into bed at about 2 in the morning and then be rudely awoken at 9 am by the sound of drilling from the apartment above them, that other people don't get them.

Yep, that's now happened to me. So instead of sleeping in the whole morning, I'm now plugged into my PowerBook and listening to the songs ripped onto my iTunes in an effort to drown out the sound of the wet works (is that what it's called -- the phase in renovation when they make the most noise?) from above.

Come to think of it, I didn't see a Notice of Renovation pasted anywhere near where it's going on. Hmm, I wonder if I can sue their asses to get just a little more sleep.

Perk #43 of owning a digital camera: the timestamp never lies.

Perk #2 of owning the Nokia 5140: I know that the fucking drilling's causing damage to my eardrums at a consistent 85dB and topping out at 94dB.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, September 22, 2004, Blogger Packrat said…

    Thought "wet works" was a term used for an assassination?
    O well. Cool decibel-o-meter btw.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, September 22, 2004, Blogger Terz said…

    Well, the thing's killing me right now.

    And all the pubs aren't open yet.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, September 22, 2004, Blogger Neil said…

    Matey - I highly recommend drinking vodka shots when this happens. It has the following advantages:

    1) alcohol numbs the pain
    2) alcohol makes everything else more fun
    3) it feels so wrong to drink so early - wallow in the perversity of it all
    4) when you shout at the contractor he gets a facefull of alcohol breath

     

Post a Comment

<< Home