terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Stating the Obvious

"It's tough to be poor and sick."

Really?

You don't say...

Saw that on a flyer stuck up on the squeaky clean glass wall of a pro golf shop at United Square this morning. Apparently that's supposed to persuade golfers that they should attend a charity golf thingy with the proceeds going to NUH (I forget which part though).

Apart from stating the obvious, how's that supposed to make golfers (again, think about it - about the people who actually golf: they who can afford club memberships, green fees, cost of clubs, etc) feel that they can do something for the poor and sick that they won't already do if they wanted to?

And NUH? For the poor and sick?

Uh, wrong hospital I think.

***

So much for me getting off the booze.

Last night, the missus and I had dinner and drinks with her friend from college, Kumiko, who is visiting for a couple of weeks.

Only had two pints last night though... a good start: cutting down by 80% of my normal intake.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, September 10, 2004, Blogger Neil said…

    Feel like doing a week of no booze? I am abstaining next week to give the liver a complete rest. Not sure what I will do instead - maybe paint some figures or read some trash.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, September 10, 2004, Blogger Terz said…

    Yeah, that's the plan. Taking that week off to detox as well. Veggies and soya bean milk only for me the next 10 days. Then I'm back to drinking only on the weekends...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home