terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

PowerBooks vs PCs

In response to King Siang's question in my comments about the use of PowerBooks:

OK, for starters, I get very few games, but I knew what I was in for when I paid up for the PB. It's a chore looking for places in Singapore that carry Mac games (even the Mac-authorised shops don't carry that many - in my opinion, anyway), and there isn't a lot of accessorising you can do to your PBs to help with your gameplay. Then again, I don't play a lot of games any more... I'm happy enough that Neverwinter Nights has come out for Macs, so my spare time (ha!) is happily occupied.

As far as the use of the Mac goes, it's great for what I'm doing now. Also, no complaints about reliability, I haven't had anything crash on me so far (touch wood).

Besides, the thing just looks sexy and attracts attention in pubs.

If you want a more lively discussion, go here.

But for me, I'm happy with it.

***

On a side note:

Mega Mattress has a new ad! It's as bad as the first one! Who are the knuckleheads who've been buying mattresses from them and keeping their advertising coffers filled!?

2 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, October 14, 2004, Blogger King said…

    thanks~
    think i might save up for one...will probably be able to afford it in a few years time..such is the life of a poor student

     
  • At 5:18 AM, October 15, 2004, Blogger Terz said…

    Well, you should be in time for the G5 PowerBook then (if they ever solve the heat problems that machine will have)...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home