terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Today was the day...

- Of learning that getting linked by mrbrown means a sudden spike from an average 60 hits a day to 583 and 479 hits on Monday and Tuesday respectively. Not complaining though... just overwhelmed.

- Of witnessing the encroachment of capitalism upon religion. I arrived at the Thian Hock Keng Temple in time to see the Coke vending machine being moved into place.

- Of parents not being able to control their children, even in a temple.

- Of children faking a crying fit.

- Of doting grandparents who scuttle every effort by the parents of said children to instill some discipline because of the crying fit.

- Of sheepish men coming out of a nearby massage place and then noticing people looking in their direction.

- Of seeing the lighting crew chief dragging someone by the scruff of his neck and dragging him thirty metres before the latter managed to break free and flee.

- Of disappointed wedding photographers who turned up at the temple only to see it overrun by the film crew. One of them had four SLR bodies cross-strapped to him and two lenses affixed.

- Of bat guano on my clothes from the denizens of the temple, and me, not looking to cast a fireball.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, October 06, 2004, Blogger cour marly said…

    I got linked by proxy and it freaked the bejeebus out of me. I just started reading your blog recently - I'm a TWoPping TAR freak myself.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, October 06, 2004, Blogger Terz said…

    Yeah, it can get freaky the first time it happens...

    Anyways, nice to meet you!

     
  • At 9:38 PM, October 07, 2004, Blogger King said…

    hey..in case you don't read the comment on your other post...is this mr teo?:D

     
  • At 9:54 PM, October 07, 2004, Blogger Terz said…

    Oui, c'est moi.

     
  • At 10:33 PM, October 07, 2004, Blogger King said…

    haha
    i had a feeling
    hope everything is going fine for you and the missus.
    never knew you had a blog. you have another regular reader for your blog now. its too boring in perth

     
  • At 11:35 PM, October 08, 2004, Blogger Neil said…

    Mr. Teo. Even though I know what you used to do for a job, I find the fact that you have been refered to as Mr. Teo amusing. Somehow I just can't imagine it - some young scallywag, just about to be disciplined, saying in an awful Oliver Twist voice:

    "No Mr. Teo, please don't cane me, I'll be good."

    Anyway - catch up for a beer when I get back?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home