terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Odds and Ends


Lomo #1
Originally uploaded by Terz.


So most people already know that the missus and I along with MB, Cowboy Caleb and LMD were at the Lomo Sinfully Yours party at Velvet last night.

Their accounts of the night are much better than what I could possibly churn out, so I'll just stick to what I found out last night:

1. There is a reason why Cowboy Caleb is Zeus. Play a little "I Have Never..." and all is revealed.

2. The Nokia 6680 comes with a really crappy 64 MB memory card standard. I took 30+ photos all last night, but for some odd reason, only the last 4 remain in the card (the four that appear in this entry). MB tells me that it's a problem that M1 is aware of and I should go raise some hell and get them to exchange the card for something that works.

It should, therefore, be noted that it isn't a conscious choice to only take photos of the missus's ex-student who, after a night with blog dignitaries, now has her new, improved replacement blog.

I'm really glad I didn't lose these images:


Lomo #2
Originally uploaded by Terz.



Lomo #3
Originally uploaded by Terz.


and,


Lomo #4
Originally uploaded by Terz.


3. Playing "I Have Never..." teaches you new things about a man's wife.

4. That I really shouldn't eat anything after having drunk about 10 bottles of Heineken.

5. The Volvo is a dream to drive... a little sensitive though, the accelerator especially. And no, I said 'Volvo', not 'Vulva.' (Flashback: 1997, acquaintance from NIE: "I really want to drive a Vulva.")

***

We had another meet-up today, the Shooting Home 04 alumni, though I didn't know it before I left the flat this evening.


SH04 Meet-Up IV, #2
Originally uploaded by Terz.



SH04 Meet-Up IV, #5
Originally uploaded by Terz.


It was pretty much the same thing as before. We show off images we have taken. We get comments and criticism, we deal.

What soured the evening for us (well, me at least) was the bunch of idiots in this shot, who evidently thought it was damn funny to sneak up behind and then scare the shit out of a cat who was just minding his own business and drinking from the fountain:


Morons
Originally uploaded by Terz.


In the end, the cat decided not to rip the morons new assholes, though it would have been an interesting end to the day.

And yes. Put a 1.3 megapixel camera phone in my hands and I become infinitely more dangerous if you're an idiot.

***

There's a third thing I wanted to gripe about tonight, but I'll take a rain check till I get confirmation about the situation tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home