terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Normal Wear and Tear?

I don't think so.

So apparently the cards issued by a bank hasn't undergone any change from the time I got my first credit from them ten years ago - this despite the fact that I've used that card pretty much the same way and it lasted until it was time to get a replacement because it's expired.

This latest one lasted me six months: the plastic laminate has come off the front, the magnetic strip's kinda flaking off, and I've had the card declined at some places in the last two weeks (that, or I've seen cashiers put the card through the machine several times, harder each time, just to get some sort of reading).

But it's just "normal wear and tear" according to the customer service person I spoke to (happens to all the ATM and credit/ debit cards issued by said bank apparently). And since they'll replace the card for free anyway, it doesn't really matter, does it?

At six months? When I've another 4 years left to this card?

I really don't think so.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home