terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Nomination Night

Yeah, well, I wasn't supposed to announce it until after the night is through (see previous post), but, well, it was so gosh darned excitin'!

Becoming Royston got nominated in three categories in the Festival of First Asian Films: Best Actor (Male), Best Cinematography and Best Screenplay. Everything happened at the Q Bar tonight (where none of the nominees had our names on the guest list, but we got in anyway).

Kinda cool. Of the 350 movies entered in this year's competition, only 22 nominations were announced out of 11 films (I could be wrong - after a while, I lost track of the number of different movies in the running), and we got into 3 categories. But there's also some stress because our movie didn't have explosions, gunfights or anything exciting like that in it.

Still, all cool because I got interviewed (no choice - only other representative other than Best Actor) by ST Life - that might appear tomorrow... or not. Not that I like being interviewed in the first place (which is kinda why I haven't appeared in all of the articles about the film so far).

Plus, I got to shake Fann Wong's hand. But I'm still gonna wash my hands the next time I go to the toilet. Would've loved to have spoken to Mira Nair (she of the Salaam Bombay! fame), but she'd left by the time I got round to more schmoozing...


After that, I managed to get into the Power Jam finals at Zouk. And no, my favouritestest band didn't win in the end.

But bonus!

I got two tickets to Tenacious D and a free condom (no images - hands too shaky from drinking to hold camera phone steady).

Bonus!


Updated 27 October, 1221 hours:

BR Nomination


Today's report in the ST.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home