terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

They Do?

Was minding my own business catching on things happening in the school with a colleague (ex-colleague, that is) when this came in:

"Don't be left behind! Even Ministers blog! The new wave is Mobile Blogging! Now you can post to your blog site from your phone. Register at..."

Uh, right. Whatever. Just because they climbed onto the bandwagon late doesn't mean anything to me.

And if I wanted their views, I'd stick to the rags we have at the newstand.


In the meantime, more sad stories about dead-cat-on-head-dude:

Apparently to appear tougher, or cooler, or just to make friends, DCOHD decided to line his table with empty alcohol bottles. Now, we are talking about a school here, so it's inappropriate. For sure. I mean, the worst I did was to have a bottle of Absolut under my table and the Uncle Jimmy in my overhead cabinet-cum-bar. What makes it hilarious, the bottles were empty pussy drink bottles - we're not talking JD, Black or Blue labels, or even a good, old-fashioned 80 proof vodka; we're talking drinks with mixers, fruit juices and god-knows-what because I don't.

But I guess my other colleagues are already relieved that he no longer has pictures of bodybuilders (or rather, one particular bodybuilder), fully oiled, on his desktop and screensaver.

Still, I gotta admit, toupees have gotten to look really good, even though they still don't blow in the wind.


Finally, what's the point of having a TV screen at the back of headrests in taxis when the reception blows so bad, that on the 20-minute journey I was on yesterday, it was only running for less than 2 minutes?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:29 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Sheylara said…

    I got the same sms today. It was worth a laugh, at least.

    I usually don't read junk sms-es. Whenever I see one, I'll close it immediately in disgust.

    Today I read this particular junk because it was hilarious. Worth a 3-second laugh. But that's all. :)

     
  • At 10:21 AM, November 03, 2006, Blogger Liquidfuel said…

    Bugs me too on why install those screens behind the front headrests? Couple of thoughts.

    1. To justify the transport fare increase.
    2. To let you get so bored you dozed off and the taxi driver can take you for a spin.
    3. To justify ministers' pay increase and bonuses.

    I always ask the taxi driver to switch it off when I take a cab.

    Irritating.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, November 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you can ask for them to be switched off? i didnt noe that. will do that next time. need peace and quiet since the buses are so noisy now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home