terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Twelve Angry Men

Well, I guess somewhere in my future, Mr Stroke is waiting by the highway of life for me to pick him up; that is, if this article is to be believed.

Still, I'm working my way to keeping that possibility a distant one. I know I've been a lot happier now that teaching isn't something I wake up every morning to do. I know I'm still teaching in some way or another, but to know that it's not a long-term thing and that I can walk away from it without a second glance (heh, just thought of that De Niro line from Heat: "A guy told me one time, 'Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.'" Words of wisdom from a great actor.) makes it a little more palatable. The money's still a little tight, but what I've put away in the last three years I've enough to last me at least the next two years, especially if I continue to have jobs popping up everywhere.

And this could not be more appropriate:



You're South Africa!

After almost endless suffering, you've finally freed yourself
from the oppression that somehow held you back.  Now your diamond in the
rough is shining through, and the world can accept you for who you really are.
 You were trying to show who you were to the world, but they weren't interested
in helping you become that until it was almost too late.  Suddenly you're
a very hopeful person, even if you still have some troubles.

Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid





And no, unlike Dan (who doesn't have work today, the lucky stiff), I'm not planning to use movie titles for all of my blog entries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home