terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Monday, May 31, 2004

Huh? Baking Powder?

It's probably not a good idea to be driving a cab when you're sleepy and deaf.

Like today's cabbie:

"Siglap Centre, please."

"Siglap?"

"Siglap Centre, yes."

"Siglap Road?"

"No Siglap Centre."

"Siglap Centre?"

"Yes."

"Siglap Road?"


Sigh...

And five minutes later when I was about to alight:

"Where do I drop you off?"

"Turn left at the light first."

"Turn right?"

"No, turn left."

"Here?"

"At the light."

"Turn right?"


Fortunately I could fall back on teacher training and speak in my I'll-say-this-slowly-using-simple-words-so-you'd-understand voice and tone meant for 4-year olds, parents of students and school administrators:

"At the traffic light. Turn left. Then stop at the entrance to the first car park."

Jeez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home