terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Monday, January 03, 2005

No Eye

I chose not to take part in Eye é City 2004 (or would that be 2005?). There were too many things going on in the world, in the region even, taking up most of my time and attention.

I'm not being morbid; call it some kind of helplessness at the level of destruction and loss of people's lives. Which is why, I guess, I volunteered to be sent to any of the affected countries, and not even in the capacity as a photographer.

On my own expense even.

So, in lieu of new stuff from Eye é City 2004, these are the images that didn't quite make the cut (my own and the selection committee's) from last year's:


01
Originally uploaded by Terz.



02
Originally uploaded by Terz.



03
Originally uploaded by Terz.



04
Originally uploaded by Terz.



05
Originally uploaded by Terz.

Enjoy.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, January 03, 2005, Blogger  said…

    hey, i've been thinking about it too and decided (on my b-day Dutch night-time) that i'm going to volunteer myself too. let me know how? thanks.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, January 03, 2005, Blogger Terz said…

    I'll email you the details, but it's a bit hard, seeing that you're about halfway around the world.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, January 04, 2005, Blogger stellou said…

    eh, uncle, you are clever to take pictures!! if you were a native american, your name would be, like, dances with kodak. (are your glasses off? is your head in your hands? hngh!) xx

     
  • At 5:50 PM, January 04, 2005, Blogger Terz said…

    *head in hands*

    *glasses off*

    "Siiigh."

     
  • At 7:05 PM, January 04, 2005, Blogger NARDAC said…

    No #4 is really good. Or at least it seems from your thumbnail.

    On another note...Good luck and thank you! I'm really proud you're going there! It changes a lot of what I thought about you. What you are doing is both brave and necessary.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home