terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Six Before 6

Man, some people, despite what they say or how they act, are way too full of themselves.

***

Anyway.

Anyone else wishing that 24 December would just come and go, quickly, so that we won't have to sit through another showing of the "Three Kings in Beijing" TV trailer? I mean, 'Moon River' is cloying enough not to have it sung three-tenors style.

(And somewhere in Singapore, a Singapore Idol reject is saying, "See? See? It works!")

***

The new Navy ad: here.

Putting the whole 'Huh?' factor aside - I mean, c'mon, seriously, who's going to take any military force seriously? Transmariners...? Sigh - I'm just wondering who the heck in the ad agency thought of that, and who in the NRC signed off on this?

This just in:

The Chief of Navy's Office has just released this statement: "With immediate effect, the Chief of Navy will be known as Optimus Prime. He's more than meets the eye!"

***

"Something tells me you're real sweet... Can I have a sample??

chat w me? I'm waiting... :)

sms Hi to
7****sms@99ct"


Uh, can I puke? Can I sue?

I don't want these messages in my SMS inbox.

C'mon!

***

Amazing how many ex-students, acquaintances one can run into while Christmas shopping:

- 4 ex-students (including the one who looks like Slyvester Sim, with the purple hair);

- 1 videographer from the last movie I was on; and

- 2 ex-girlfriends: one by herself, the other with a kid.

- ...


Sigh.

I hate the holidays.

***

The wedding on the weekend was a mess of blurred images, memories of a pain of some sort throughout the day and of waking up to a glorious sunrise streaming through the large windows of our room at the Ritz-Carlton. And oh! People (I hesitate to use the actual term running about in my head) calling Kay and I, "cameramen".

OK, here it is, and I won't repeat myself: I am not a cameraman. I have a camera, yes. But that doesn't make me a cameraman. That makes me a photographer (or as the cabbie one day had to be told: FOE-toh-GRAPH-er). Please don't call me anything else but that.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:01 PM, December 23, 2004, Blogger Terz said…

    A bit hard to say. I know I do hate crowds and crowded places, so yeah, maybe I do hate the people more than the holidays.

    Maybe it's just the weather. Really missing Canadian winters.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, December 24, 2004, Blogger ghjghj said…

    Bah. I am very tired of hearing about my resemblence to Sylvester Sim.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home