terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Failure

I'd wanted to post an entry about Phuket and how wonderful it's been since we got here on assignment. Then this had to impose itself onto the schedule: equipment failure.

I can't remember when was the last time it happened, but I suspect it was during the shoot with the Singapore World Schools Debate team some time in November when images were lost from the card. Then today, after a three-hour drive (return) to Khao Lak, and shooting like mad for the first time in a while (160 images in 3 hours' worth of work - including driving time in between), meeting wonderful people (survivors, volunteers) and getting great shots of them, I come back to the hotel and find out that only seven out of the 160 survived whatever it was that plagued my CF card. The rest were just markers, containing 0 KB of information.

Bloody hell.

So tomorrow, instead of going to Phi Phi for the rest of the story, we're going all the way back to Khao Lak.

Bloody hell.


In the meantime, enjoying myself here otherwise. Will return as planned on Tuesday.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home