terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

It Is Here



After two-plus years of waiting: it will hit bookstores 8 November 2005. Except that I don't have to go down to the book store; my order with Amazon from 3 March 2004 (not a typo), is still open. So, yay for me.

A bit of a surprise actually, didn't know about this until I decided to visit Martin's home page here, and lo!

[Does happy dance around the room.]





(Interesting thing though, I've read this cycle from the first incarnation, A Game of Thrones, when it was a simple paperback version; moved on to A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords in their hardback forms; and now, it's a completely new and different hardcover design. I suspect I might end up buying the whole series again in one form or another.)

Technorati: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:29 PM, August 18, 2005, Blogger wahj said…

    OMG! Is it in the bookstores here yet? I honestly feared the man would die before finishing the series, leaving us either unsatisfied, or having to deal with crappy second hand writers.

    And yes, I've moved to buying hardcovers now, cos I simply can't wait any longer.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, August 19, 2005, Blogger Terz said…

    Nope. 8 November 2005 earliest (but like I said, mine comes in from Amazon, and it was part of an earlier order, so I'm just paying US$19 for the book).

     
  • At 4:26 PM, August 20, 2005, Blogger Terz said…

    Seven?! Oy, I also say....

    Anyway, apparently the hardcover version's coming out 17 October.

    8 November is the paperback. So not quite six months.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Terz said…

    Well, that's the info from off Amazon. And if I think I know the publishing industry, they probably mean trade paperbacks (that what they're called?); those that are the size of hardbacks, but with the paper covers?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home