terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Still Drumming

It's been an enjoyable five days with the new toy, even though I haven't really put it through its paces. Funny how when there's something new in the stable, everything else dries up... haven't been inspired to do much shooting apart from taking about 200 'test' shots of everything in the house.

That's got to change.

And soon.


Which is just as well I've finally completed compiling my portfolio and it's ready to be sent out. It's taken a while because I've been getting conflicting suggestions from the people I've shown the thing to:

"Where's Meulaboh?"

"Why aren't there any images from the tattoo thing you're doing?"

"Why is there so much PJ in this?"

"Maybe you should take out Meulaboh."


Sigh.

In the end, I just went with what I thought was appropriate to the kinds of photography I want to do. So, Meulaboh and Muzaffarabad went in, as did the images that have been embargoed because it's taken a long time for the movie to complete its run through the international film festivals, the stuff I did for stages and from the very first real shoot I did as a pro for the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music (who, incidentally, haven't called me back in a while).

But starting today, I'll be leaving the camera aside and thinking about other things while I attend the Ministry of Sound pre-opening party tonight (though even now, it remains up in air whether or not we will end up going in the end), the party at Randy's on Friday and then our usual Saturday and Sunday game nights.

Time to rediscover my centre again, methinks.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home