terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Dreaming

Man, this is the last time I take a nap with the channel selector on the cable box set at 16 (Discovery Travel & Adventure) because, I swear, some of it got into my head while I was dreaming.

OK, these are just vague impressions, but this was what happened: I was at my grandparents' provision shop (already gone -- it's made way for something else), my cousins were there and they were all in our favourite corner of the place. Then somehow or other, they morphed into the missus's friends and one of them started talking about her top ten place she'd like to visit in America. I remember distinctly it was a she and she was married. And she just wouldn't shut up. Even when she got up to her top two destination and mentioned someplace that I'd already been to and I was trying to be smug about it.

I turned to the wife and said, "Ha! We've been there!" but the same words just wouldn't come out after I'd turned to her friend and was trying to show her up.

So there I was, thinking why the hell couldn't I speak and what was that god-awful ringing next to my head. Then I woke up to Channel 16, Top Ten Places to Visit in America, and my mobile phone.

Damn.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, July 12, 2004, Blogger Tym said…

    And which friend of mine would that be? Or perhaps you've conflated all the ugly Singaporeans you run into with *sob* one of my friends...

     
  • At 6:26 PM, July 12, 2004, Blogger Terz said…

    You know, I really couldn't say. But watch the programme, I think it's the same host every time, and you tell me who you think it is.

    Or it could just be that most of your friends are American, or have an American accent...

     
  • At 3:58 PM, July 16, 2004, Blogger * the mad monk of melk * said…

    damn it. my grandfather had a provision shop too. - anonymousnoises-

     

Post a Comment

<< Home