terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Redundancies

"I said, I like the little things. The way a glass feels in your hand. A good glass, thick, with a heavy base. I love the sound an ice cube makes when you drop it from just the right height. Too high and it'll chip when you drop it. Chip the ice and it'll melt too fast in the Scotch. Good Scotch sits in a charcoal barrel for 12 years. Very good Scotch gets smoked for 29 years. Johnnie Walker Blue is 60-year old Scotch..."

"You had a drink."

"I"m an alcoholic. I don't have one drink. I don't understand people who have one drink. I don't understand people who leave half a glass of wine on the table. I don't understand people who say they've had enough. How can you have enough of a feeling like this? How can you not wanna feel like this longer?"

- Leo Thomas McGarry, played by John Spencer (RIP), from The West Wing.



Nothing like three glases of Remy Martin (granted, not 60-year old Scotch - courtesy of the parentals; thankfully, I have another, larger, bottle left on the shelves) on the rocks, and about two episodes of The West Wing Season Three, to make up for the malaise I've been feeling for a long time. Ever since I learnt (or, rather, come to the realisation) that my partial-baby isn't my partial-baby anymore.

Redundancy. It's been told to me that I should always work to make myself redundant. Nope. Not when you feel strongly enough for something. Anything.

How fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home