terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Rested. Refreshed.

And maybe I can think about whether or not I want to join the next trip down to another disaster zone.


Was dreading it when I was asked, before the Japan trip, whether I'd be interested in joining the recce team to head down to Merapi in Java. It's a challenge, to be sure. Going to a place where an earthquake or tsunami struck is one thing - the chances of another one hitting the area are so remote that there's no need to think about it, aftershocks nonwithstanding - those I can handle. Going somewhere where a volcano's rumbling is quite something else altogether; not quite something that travel insurance would cover, I'd imagine.

Now. I don't know.

I'd think about it still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home