terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

This Close


This Close
Originally uploaded by Terz.

... to committing WoW-icide.

Why?

Because it's not fun for me any more. Hitting Level 60 for the Night Elf Hunter wasn't all it's cut out to be. Most quests require that you have a group of people helping you, making you beholden to them to be successful on the first try, otherwise people get resentful that they have to send their equipment for repair for no reason at all. And that's just talking about guildies.

If you can get guildies to help out in the first place that is...

So, I have a full quest log with quests that are nowhere near completion, guildies that are not helping, a world economy that's top-heavy and really, not the time or inclination to deal with shit like this on something that's supposed to be a game. And fun.

So if it's not fun anymore, why spend the monthly money to be on it?


So, so long Night Elf Hunter. For now anyways. It was fun while it lasted. Now, I just need to do something else. Maybe I'll come back when I feel the itch.

But don't count on it to be soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, June 05, 2006, Blogger King said…

    darn. i haven't even started playing yet.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Terz said…

    Well, you can get started. You'll probably catch up by the time I decide to end my self-imposed exile from the game. If not, I should be able to help with the tougher quests.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home