terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Offline

So Ol' Reliable has decided, over the weekend, to give up the ghost. I was in the middle of a UBRS raid on WoW when everything locked up. Then six hours later, I managed to get it working again (using some rather unorthodox methods) enough to move most of my stuff over.

Going to the Apple Service Centre today, I learn that it's either the OS or the harddisk that's corrupted and diagnostics will take upwards of 4 working days. Which means: no work, no play. And possibly having to transfer all my important files to the external disks by tonight before I send the thing in.

Not happy.

Mostly with the boredom of idleness.

(And relying on the kindness of others for the use of their computers to get my digital fix.)

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home