terse & at large

GRRRRR. Arrrgh. And sometimes a travel log.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Distant

How much more of a faceless entity can DBS get?

How about this far?

I am roused from my sleep at 0843 hours this morning by the ringing on my mobile, only for the call to be cut off just as my fumbling fingers touch the phone. Then there's a second call at 0855 hours which I was awake for, but which sounded like a prank call because there wasn't a response to my repeated, "Hellos?" and that call, also, was cut off about fifteen seconds into it. Then finally, at 1102 hours, I managed to receive the whole message, the bulk of it which was to tell me, through a computer-generated voice that someone in the DBS Card Centre would like to speak to me about my account, so would I kindly call (two numbers were given) them back, thank you very much?

I don't know. If I were a faceless entity doing this sort of thing, wouldn't I also make sure the number he/she's supposed to call would show up on my client's caller id, instead of being listed as "private number"? It would make it easier for them, non?

Ah, but I am not a faceless entity. DBS: Your Impersonal Bank.

Updated at 1740 hours:

OK, so it isn't enough that I've called them back with news that I've already paid up my credit card bill in full last night: I've been getting phone calls from the same automated system every hour at the 43rd minute mark telling me to call the bank.

No, not just the Impersonal Bank, but the Anal, Impersonal Bank.

Even for a computer system.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, June 10, 2005, Blogger Cowboy Caleb said…

    Hi, did Tym tell you about the photog for blogger convention thing? Let me know if you're keen asap ok? Because I need to confirm who will be doing it soon and I havent heard anything from Tym yet

    cheers dude!

     
  • At 12:42 PM, June 10, 2005, Blogger Terz said…

    Ah, only got the mail forwarded to me today... will have to check my schedule... 16 July, yes?

     
  • At 12:09 PM, June 13, 2005, Blogger Hannah Neo said…

    I get what you mean!!! I got the same calls!!! I hate DBS! See my post here

     
  • At 8:15 AM, June 17, 2005, Blogger angkuguay said…

    I hate all these calls from banks to... thankfully.. I do not have any cards from DBS... and I do not recieve private numbers on my mobile either... if they feel that they have a right not to reveal their numbers, I have a right not to recieve unknown calls eiher!

    btw, loved your photos on Meulaboh... I was there too but my shots can't compared to yours.

    Cheers!

     
  • At 3:47 AM, June 21, 2005, Blogger Terz said…

    blubbering nonsense - Ah well, some days, DBS can be nice... Some days. Just got my replacement VISA card in the mail within a day of my enquiry.

    angkuguay - I assume you were there with the SAF? Then you were there for a different purpose. Hats off to you guys who were there for much longer than I was.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home